Works department is the department that does District Engineering works in roads and engineering construction, buildings construction and mechanical works. It is headed by Eng.Wakatama Stephen
Objectives: To improve the condition of the district road network from the current 50% in fair condition to 90%
- Maintain the road equipment in sound condition to enable the district maintain its road network.
- To implement government policy of using force account for mechanized routine road maintenance works and direct labour for based routine maintenance works.
- Lobby central government to take over highly trafficked district roads to the national roads network and in turn, upgrade deserving community roads to district roads status.
- Labour based routine maintenance of district roads using direct labour - 221kms
- Mechanized routine maintenance using district road equipment
- Carryout periodic maintenance of district roads
- Construction and repair of key bridges
- Continue lobbying for rehabilitation funds for district roads in poor condition