Human Resource is mandated to develop, interpret and review Human Resource Policies for kabarole district. Its also responsible for the management, reviewing and updating of the Terms and Conditions of Service as well as the Public Service Policies, Procedures and Regulations, with a view to promoting good governance, accountability and transparency in the delivery of services and the Poverty Eradication Action Plan goals.
To ensure development and operation of effective Human Resource Policies, rules and regulations for the Public Service.
- To plan for the operations of the Department.
- To supervise and give guidance to the staff of the Department in the performance of their duties.
- To initiate formulation and review of Human Resource Management policies, rules and regulations for the public service.
- To monitor the implementation of Human Resource Management policies in Ministries, Departments and Local Governments.
- To identify the training needs of staff and recommend appropriate training.
- To provide information for Human Resource Management for the Public Service.
- To carry out Performance Assessment of staff of the Department.
- Promote work and professional Ethics by upholding and encouraging the highest standard of behavior to promote a good image of the Public Service.
- To monitor and regulate the size of the Public Service and give reports.
- To authorize and monitor financial expenditure of the Department.
- To ensure effective management of the Wage Bill for the Public Service.
- Sensitizing public officers on Terms and Conditions of service.
- Translating Human Resource Management Policies into operational procedures and guidelines.
- To regularly report on the Performance of the Department in relation to the annual performance plan.