Works department is the department that does District Engineering works in Roads and Engineering construction, Buildings construction and Mechanical works.
Departmental goal: To have a well-developed and maintained infrastructure in the District.
Objectives: To improve the condition of the District road network from the current 50% in fair condition to 90%
- Maintain the road equipment in sound condition to enable the District maintain its road network.
- To implement government policy of using force account for mechanized routine road maintenance works and direct labor for based routine maintenance works.
- Lobby central government to take over highly trafficked district roads to the national roads network and in turn, upgrade deserving community roads to district roads status.
- Labor based routine maintenance of District roads using direct labor – 221kms
- Mechanized routine maintenance using District road equipment
- Carryout periodic maintenance of district roads
- Construction and repair of key bridges
- Continue lobbying for rehabilitation funds for District roads in poor condition
STAFFING LEVEL IN THE DEPARTMENT
|Stephen Wakatama||District Engineer||Headquarter|
|Mugabi Puis Katuramu||Senior Civil Engineer||Headquarter|
|Kamwaka Basoona Naomi||Supervisor of Works||Headquarter|
|Bassudde Bruno||Civil Engineer – Water||Headquarter|
|Mugenyi Joshua Manyiraho||Assistant Engineering Officer (Civil)||Headquarter / Town Council|
|Bright Julius||Assistant Engineering Officer (Civil)||Town Council|
|Burolerro Happy James||Assistant Engineering Officer (Civil)||Town Council|
|Kyosimire Jude I.||Assistant Engineering Officer (Civil)||Town Council|
|Support staff||6 Drivers, 5 Plant operators, 1 Plant attendant 3 Office support staffs||Headquarter|
The District has a total of 221.6 kms of feeder roads network of which 35kms are gravel roads and the remaining 186.6 kms are earth roads.
Below is a summary of current condition of the district feeder roads Network:-
|% of total network||12||65||23|
And the total length of community access roads in the district is about 800kms, of which only about 20% is in fair condition and the remaining 80% in poor condition.